Friday, March 4, 2011
US "VP" Biden Visit to Israel-Obama wants J/slem divided.
February 3, 2011
It all started when Vice President Biden visited Israel recently to pledge America’s support for Israel’s security. The Israeli Interior Ministry blind-sided Biden by announcing that ...the Israelis intended to build 1600 units of housing in a Jewish section of Jerusalem. Obama is trying to court Arab countries, hoping to gain their support for American aims and initiatives. The Palestinians want to make East Jerusalem the capital of the country they hope to create. Prime Minister Netanyahu has vowed to never divide Jerusalem. The whole point is moot: The homes are being built in a Jewish neighborhood,
BUT.... Obama forgot very important facts about Jerusalem:
In Jerusalem, the theological and historical arguments matter, serving often as the functional equivalent of legal claims. The strength of these arguments will ultimately help determine who governs the city. Already we hear the ritual and relativistic cliche that Jerusalem is "a city holy to both peoples." But like most cliches, this one is more false than true. Jerusalem stands as the paramount religious city of Judaism, a place so holy that not just its soil but even its air is deemed sacred. Jews pray in its direction, invoke its name at the end of each meal and close the Passover service with the wistful statement "Next year in Jerusalem."
Jerusalem, the ultimate word in every seder and in every Jewish wedding as say: "If I Forget Thee, O Jerusalem, Let My Right Hand Forget Her Cunning." - Psalm 137:5. Jerusalem is at the heart of the conflict between Palestinians and Israelis.
1) Israel became a state in 1312 BC. 2 millennium before Islam.
2) Arab refugees from Israel began calling themselves Palestinians in 1967, 2 decades after the modern Israeli statehood.
3) After conquering the land in 1272 BC. Jews ruled it for thousands years and maintained a continuous presence for 3300 years.
4) For over 3300 years, Jerusalem was the Jewish capital. It was never the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even under Jordanian rule, east Jerusalem was not made the capital, and no Arab leader came to visit it.
5) Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in the Bible, but not once is it mentioned in the Quran.
6) King David founded Jerusalem, Muhammad never set foot in it.
7) The holiest Jewish site in the world and a renowned symbol of Jerusalem's Old City is the Western Wall
8) Jews pray facing Jerusalem, Muslims pray facing to Mecca.
9) Before 1865, the entire population of Jerusalem lived behind the Old City walls (what today would be considered the eastern part of the city). Later, the city started to expand beyond the walls because of population growth, and both Jews and Arabs began to build in new areas of the city.
10) Muslim dominance first came to Jerusalem in 638 when the army of Caliph Omar conquered the Holy City.
11) Muslims claim the Jews occupy Arab lands, when in fact the Arabs are the occupiers in the Middle East. They belong in Arabia and have no right to Jerusalem. Jerusalem is not Israeli-occupied territory but Arab occupied territory.
12) The Koran does not mention Jerusalem even once, meaning their claim to Israel's and Judaism's capital as their third holiest city is fraudulent and aimed at stealing the city from the Jews.
13) Al-Aqsa mosque and the Dome of the Rock are built exactly in the middle of the Jewish Temple Mount.